Background: Research under the umbrella of the ERC’s Research NET develops into the next phase with an attractive opportunity for young researchers - the 1st Research Summer School. The aims are to foster continuity and increase the visibility of the ERC as a scientific organization, supporting research in the field of resuscitation. For this reason ERC plans to further invest in and strengthen resuscitation research.
One day meeting on September
27, 2017 in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, as pre-conference event prior to ERC
RESUSCITATION 2017. This will be the starting point for a five-year research process
involving senior researchers mentoring juniors in a supporting partnership to
increase scientific output in the field of resuscitation.
For both positions: Please send your
application to email@example.com before the deadline of 15th of May 2017.
Procedure to apply as Mentor/Senior Researcher:
A Senior Researcher
will be considered someone ≥ 35 years on the day of the Research NET Summer
In addition, ERC needs a ONE PAGE application (Arial 10 or higher) including:
The ERC Research NET selection committee will be able to choose up to 10 Mentors / Senior Researchers from all applications received.It is planned that those Researchers who will be selected will receive 150.- € each – in addition to all other possible reimbursement – for one additional night in Freiburg.
Procedure to apply as a Young Investigator:
A Young Investigator
will be considered someone under the age of 35 years old on the day of the
Research NET Summer School.
The ERC Research NET selection committee will be able to choose up to 20 Young Investigators from all applications received.It is planned that those Young Investigators who have been selected will receive 300.- € each for supporting travel and accommodation.
- Dispatch centers / first responder – telephone CPR – APPs – bystander CPR
- KIDS SAVE LIVES / schoolchildren education in resuscitation
- EuReCa Registry / other ERC Research NET Studies (i.e. ESCAPE-NET)
Format of the 1st ERC Research Summer School:
- Seniors – each present in 5 min their focus about their scientific and research background / their motivation to participate in the program / what they can offer on energy / and future plans
- YIs – each presents in a 10 min presentation focusing on their background / motivation / energy / future
- Working groups on all topics mentioned above will discuss the proposed projects in greater depth
- Networking dinner to increase collaborations
Optional site visit:
- Experimental animal lab, Dept. of Cardiac Surgery, University of Freiburg
Communication / publication:
- Reporting of the results in “Resuscitation” and social media
Follow up processes and aims:
- Regularly teleconferences
- Face-to-face meetings at each ERC congress
- The ERC Research Summer School acts as a start-up initiative for young investigators to get support to start research and helping in getting further grants to finance their research.
- In this 5-year process the participants will become familiar (class work, group work, home-work) and learn from each other various skills for successful research, such as: writing a project and getting it funded; writing a paper/abstract and having it accepted; performing a literature systematic review, GRADE; methods of qualitative research; data collection, data reporting.
- Strength of ERC Research NET activities / networking / industrial partnerships
- Start of new European networks and projects
initiative for researchers in the field of resuscitation to open opportunities
for collaboration and grant applications beyond local possibilities.
Bernd Böttiger, ERC Board Director Science and Research – March 1, 2017